Laroma Therapies Offers The Best Pregnancy Massage In Worthing!
If you’re looking for a Pregnancy Massage in Worthing, there’s no better place than Laroma Therapies.
Pregnancy Massage also known as pre-natal massage, promotes relaxation, soothes nerves, and relieves strained back and leg muscles in expectant mothers. Pregnancy Massage is especially beneficial in the second and third trimesters, when the extra weight in your belly puts a strain on your back.
What Happens During Pregnancy Massage?
A Pregnancy Massage differs from traditional massage in a few different ways. First, the massage therapist will take extra care to make sure your body gets the cushioning and support it needs.
When you’re lying on your back, there will be pillows underneath your knees and shoulders. If you’re far along in your pregnancy, you might be positioned in a semi-reclining position, where you’re looking at the wall instead of the ceiling.
Some Pregnancy Massage also uses special bolsters with a deep cutout in the centre so you can lie face-down comfortably. You can also have your back massaged during pregnancy by lying on your side, with pillows under your head and between your legs.
A Pregnancy Massage should be very soothing and relaxing in style. Deep tissue work, abdominal kneading and certain acupressure points are avoided.
It eases neck and back pain, helps you to keep good posture and relaxes and provides flexibility to birthing muscles.
Pregnancy Massage aids the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which keeps blood flowing to both the mother and the baby. It stimulates different glands in the body, which help to stabilise hormone levels, and relieves nervous tension throughout the body. And the nurturing touch during Pregnancy Massage promotes relaxation and provides emotional support. Post-Partum Pregnancy Massage is also good after giving birth. Post-partum Pregnancy Massage can help restore a mother’s body to its pre-pregnancy condition. It helps to realign the body weight, and tones the over-stretched skin over the belly. As with all massage, it relieves muscle tension and stress from mothering duties!
Benefits that a Mother may experience:
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones lose muscles relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue.
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes on up to 10-15% after a massage.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
There are many more benefits! This list will hopefully give you an idea of how beneficial massage can be during pregnancy.
25 Minute Pregnancy Back Massage – £30.00
25 Minute Pregnancy Leg & Foot Massage – £30.00
50 Minute Full Body Pregnancy Massage – £47.00